AWS Recycling is BS EN ISO 141001:2004. This is an international organization coordinating the standards of national quality management agencies in most countries of the world.
AWS Recycling Ltd (the 'organisation') recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practise relating to the waste management and recycling industry and the organisation's overall business activities.
It is the organisation's objective to operate with, and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the organisation's declared policy to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to facilitate the ability to continually improve environmental performance. We will:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the Organisation's equipment and operations.
- Adhere to all relevant regulations concerning waste and environmental well-being.
- Ensure that all sub-contractor operations are in-line with this policy, and that they are aware of their respective responsibilities in the environment.
- Train all employees in environmental issues.
- Minimise the production of waste.
- Minimise material wastage and actively promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials.
- Minimise waste energy.
- Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to waters, land and air. All waste is disposed of under controlled conditions when recycling and/or re-using the materials is not an option.
- Control noise emissions from operations.
- Minimise risk to the general public and employees from Organisation operations and activities.
The policy is communication to all employees, suppliers and subcontractors and is made available to the public.
All personnel understand their obligations under this policy statement, and abide with the principals and contents of the Environmental Management System Manual.
The organisation constantly monitors and reviews its environmental performance and this Environmental Policy Statement or order to ensure its continuing suitability, and will implement improvements whenever appropriate.